 From: Curt Raymond <curtlud...@yahoo.com>
To: Meade Dillon <dillonm...@gmail.com>; Mercedes Discussion List
<mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Sent: Monday, August 4, 2014 9:50 PM
Subject: Re: [MBZ] Uh oh

How about hooking it up to the laptop?

VCDS (the VW checking software) says its the shutoff solenoid, you can see the
readout here:
http://i843.photobucket.com/albums/zz353/curtludwig/1998%20Jetta/VCDSreadout_zps79697737.png

The shutoff solenoid lives on the top of the IP and does what it says it does.
Mine reads direct to ground with the wire removed, I'm going to say thats a bad
one.
Genuine VW part from an online place is $150 plus delivery, we'll see what my
local VW dealers say, I've got 2 to try since I have to be at work tomorrow.

Good thing I put a new exhaust pipe on the 190D (MB content) last weekend. The
old one had split a couple inches away from where I'd last fixed it. If I kept
at it much longer it'd be all repair...

-Curt