When my alternator died on Gump, I found a great local shop to rebuild instead
of getting a FLAPs unit.  Superior job on the rebuild, enough that I installed
in the SL after parting the w115.  Cost was an initial consideration.  This
time I would have Gary, sexy parts seller to all right minded folks, ship me a
part.  Bound to be more cost effective when you do the install yourself.  Core
charge would make it less expensive too

clay