How do you know that starter is not a reman? Can u trust the miles? How many 240D that you know of have 60K miles?
Buy new. Labor to R/R must be considered if you have to replace in 6 months.
And yes who cares about noisy starters?

Sent from my MBPhone

All starters make noise. even the rope starters we used to coil around a briggs or Wisconsin one lunger made noise.

On the stover hit and miss one lunger, the starter made noise too. That was me, tiring from turning the flywheel trying to start the blasted thing running.

My favorites are the recording of the inertia starter on Richard Bach's (Jonathan Livingston Seagull) biplane, and the shreik of an air starter on an old Mack truck.