Like a noisy starter is a huge problem? It runs for maybe 5 seconds if that? First world problem.

--R

On 11/18/14 3:31 PM, Randy Bennell via Mercedes wrote:

Are there no  places out there anymore that rebuild your starter?
That used to be better than buying rebuilt ones at one time.

I know little about MB starters but the old north american stuff was pretty straight forward and easy enough to fix.

RB

On 18/11/2014 2:22 PM, Curt Raymond via Mercedes wrote:
Cheap parts usually give cheap results. Rusty used to say you really wanted a Bosch reman'd by Bosch. I certainly found that to be true with alternators. Dr. Fatty wants 3x as much the one you posted. I'd trust his.
-Curt
       From: Andrew Strasfogel <astrasfo...@gmail.com>
  To: Curt Raymond <curtlud...@yahoo.com>
  Sent: Tuesday, November 18, 2014 3:18 PM
  Subject: Re: [MBZ] 1983 300TD W123 Balky Starter
That's the symbol for hundreds. In any case, the quality of a reman starter would depend on the expertise of the company doing the rebuild. Here's a cheap one from Suncoast Automotive Products - how could I know if it's any good?: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Remanufactured-BOSCH-Starter-16445-w123-Mercedes-1979-1985-/281498843694?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item418aa37a2e&vxp=mtr