I could easily live with the daylight savings time being on all year.
It would make things darker in the morning in the winter but give a bit more daylight at the end of the day.
I would rather start out in the dark and have it light later.
I really enjoy late spring and early summer as the days are really long here. One can work in the yard until after 10 PM and then sit in the porch for a cold drink before bed. I really dislike the late fall and early winter when it is dark shortly after 4 PM. Maybe if the temperatures were reversed it would be different. To be cold and dark is bad. To be warm and dark might not be quite so bad. I just want to hibernate. I don't really like the switching back and forth, but, like most people, I have become used to it. When I was a child, the district that I lived in (think "county", I guess) did not switch but the one south of us did. My grand parents lived in the one south of us so if we went there (65 miles or so away) on a Sunday, we had to adjust for the fact that my grandmother would have lunch ready an hour earlier so we had to leave home that hour earlier. And it was worse in the spring and fall as then it was a matter of trying to remember if the time had changed already or if it was next week etc. No internet back then and no one would phone long distance for something as simple as that.

RB