Aren't almost all engines technically "hemi's"?  Or are there a lot
of engines out there with really odd shaped combustion chambers?

According to Ford fanatic I once worked with, technically his
Escort was a Hemi.  He said Dodge had a great marketing thing
going, though.

Most cars prior to the 1950s used what was known as a flat head, and
many lawn mower engines still use the flathead design today because it
is less expensive to manufacture.

I believe, thanks to CARB, that pretty much all lawnmowers and such
now use OHV configurations.  I know my relatively-new tiller does.
For emissions reasons only.

-- Jim