When the U.S. was flying nuclear bombs to the borders of the USSR and then turning back at the last minute during the late '40s, General Curt LeMay said we should keep right on going to Russian targets and nuke the communists back to the stone age. I wonder what the world would be like nowadays if someone had given that command?
Gerry

He was not alone.  Patton believed the same, as did McArthur.

There is evidence Patton was assassinated by our goobermnt to prevent him from starting a war with the rooskies