I have personal observational experience with Teddy and his scotch consumption. Truly epic capacity, and a sloppy disgusting drunk too.

I had friends who thought he was the second coming because he delivered the free sh*t to MA. Character and such apparently did not matter to them because he had the proper ideology. They would just blank it out and ignore it. I never understood that (and still don't).

I saw Joan a few times at Symphony in Boston, I guess this was at times she was trying to dry out (or she could hold it well and remain functional), I think she was never successful in that endeavor. She was a quite attractive woman and I always thought she was probably driven to drink by being married into that disgusting family, or maybe she was disposed to it as well and was a good match for Teddy back whenever he was cheating at Hahvahd.

--R