Cats don’t “speak” anything, as they don’t have the physical mechanisms to form
speech as we know it.  What I have always found interesting is that for the
most part, cat’s don’t vocalize as a part of their social behavior in the wild
a great deal unless threatened or injured.  Most of their communication is done
through eye contact, believe it or not.

Cats can recognize speech patterns and intonation, and for that matter studies
have shown that they have increased physical responses to their owner’s voices,
however, they don’t typically respond in kind.

It boils down mostly to behavior patterns that are learned.

Cats can learn tricks, although it takes them longer than a dog.  I once taught
a cat (who was about as smart as a post) to scratch the “air” on command using
the phrase, “Go ahead kitty cat. Scratch me!” (A line from a Warner Brothers
Sylvester cartoon.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFM9v4xsDzE
<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFM9v4xsDzE>

Dan (King Kitty)