Mitch,

I hadn't thought of that!  I will try again...

I've got to install new hoses on the rear brake calipers, will start by
filling the power bleeder so that it has plenty of time to "air out" before
use.

Max
Charleston SC

The other thing you can do with a pressurized bleeder if put the fresh fluid in at the wheels, and that helps push the air up and out at the high spot, the MC.

You can find the procedure online. I did this once, when I could not find a way to bleed the ABS.

ABS brake bleeding is more tricky than plain dual circuit, which are a little more complicated than the old single circuit brakes.