This is a chicken and egg kind of thing. Did the SLS pump fail, sending oil
through the system that damaged the spheres? If so, did this the flex hose
to rupture? On the other hand, if the spheres were already defective, could
this somehow have led to contamination of the SLS fluid, turning it black?
Inquiring minds want to know.