I bought a refurb APC Smart UPS 1000VA from these guys:
http://excessups.com/ about a year ago.  Shipping was pricey; it's heavy.
The thing is a tank but it has been 100% so far.  My small consumer-grade
UPS were OK but they wouldn't recharge on my generator which tended to run
outside the 57-63 Hz UPS threshold for OK power.  I still use these small
UPS but the important stuff (like NAS, switches, routers) is on the Smart
UPS.  I don't (yet) know for sure how the Smart UPS will run on the
generator.

Batteries