On 20/11/2015 10:53 AM, Curt Raymond via Mercedes wrote:
Depends on where you live. I could drive from my house to NYC with no problem,
plenty of charging stations along 91, 84 and 95. I could drive to the airport
which would be close to the limit of my range but theres charging ports (with
preferential parking) at the airport.
If I could get my employer to install a 220v charging port at the office I
could make my 60 mile one way commute pretty decently during the summer. In the
depths of winter it might be a stretch. My wife could easily do her 20 mile
round trip...
A friend of mine in LA has an electric Fiat, she pays around $100/mo for it,
had to put $3,000 down but the state gave her half back. Overall she'll have
the car 3 years and pay about $5000 total, all the service (minimal) is
included in the lease. Thats not bad for a brand new car, if I could get that
deal I'd have one. Sadly the Fiat electric is west coast only.

-Curt

The real question is why anyone would do a commute of even 20 miles for any length of time. I have moved my office 5 times in the past 20 years and every time has been closer to home. Our home was initially bought in a location within a mile of my wife's workplace.
I think the furthest that I commuted on a daily basis is maybe 10 miles.
My office is now within a mile of home.
Think of the time and money that is wasted on a long daily commute.

RB