      From: Randy Bennell <rbenn...@bennell.ca>
 To: Curt Raymond <curtlud...@yahoo.com>; Mercedes Discussion List
<mercedes@okiebenz.com>
 Sent: Friday, November 20, 2015 12:06 PM
 Subject: Re: [MBZ] wow

On 20/11/2015 10:53 AM, Curt Raymond via Mercedes wrote:
> Depends on where you live. I could drive from my house to NYC with no
> problem, plenty of charging stations along 91, 84 and 95. I could drive to
> the airport which would be close to the limit of my range but theres charging
> ports (with preferential parking) at the airport.
> If I could get my employer to install a 220v charging port at the office I
> could make my 60 mile one way commute pretty decently during the summer. In
> the depths of winter it might be a stretch. My wife could easily do her 20
> mile round trip...
> A friend of mine in LA has an electric Fiat, she pays around $100/mo for it,
> had to put $3,000 down but the state gave her half back. Overall she'll have
> the car 3 years and pay about $5000 total, all the service (minimal) is
> included in the lease. Thats not bad for a brand new car, if I could get that
> deal I'd have one. Sadly the Fiat electric is west coast only.
>
> -Curt

The real question is why anyone would do a commute of even 20 miles for
any length of time.
I have moved my office 5 times in the past 20 years and every time has
been closer to home.
Our home was initially bought in a location within a mile of my wife's
workplace.
I think the furthest that I commuted on a daily basis is maybe 10 miles.
My office is now within a mile of home.
Think of the time and money that is wasted on a long daily commute.

RB