Scots Irish were imported to this area to run the plantations and be the overseers of the slaves. Buckras. They seemed to have some sort of affinity or background in that role but I forget what it was. Apparently a lot of them came over to do that.

--R

On 12/2/15 9:12 PM, clay via Mercedes wrote:
Scots irish are sort of frowned upon as not being real irish, as they were an
invading protestant mob relocated to Ireland to steal the land from the good
Catholics.  A cause of great unrest and division that is still not put to bed.

clay

On Dec 2, 2015, at 4:17 PM, archer75--- via Mercedes wrote:

On Wed, 2 Dec 2015 12:08:20 -0500
WILTON via Mercedes <mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:

My SWMBO is a McGregor.

Wilton

----- Original Message -----
From: "Randy Bennell via Mercedes" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
To: "Mercedes Discussion List" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Cc: "Randy Bennell" <rbenn...@bennell.ca>
Sent: Wednesday, December 02, 2015 11:55 AM
Subject: Re: [MBZ] Family fun - was: New Neighbors

On 02/12/2015 10:50 AM, G Mann via Mercedes wrote:
Just for the record.. I'm quite glad the Kilt has remained knee length
and
has not progressed to the "mini kilt" like skirts.

On that Kilt issue.. can a Kilt be worn in court as acceptable dress?
Just
curious.

Probably acceptable. I have a bit of Scottish blood but not enough to make
me want to get and wear a kilt.
My uncle Ross ( the husband of my mother's sister - so not blood uncle)
has a very nice Scottish dress kilt and waistcoat etc.
His name is McGregor so he fits into the bunch who claim that heritage.

RB

Maternal grandmothers name was Dowty or Douty, or something like that, and she
was Scots-Irish IIRC. Is that Scots, Irish, or what?
Gerry...who is German, Belgian, British Isles, and 2% to 4% Amerindian
genetically.
Gerry