My area, pretty much ground zero for slavery in the US. I have not researched the reasoning, etc. behind that historical artifact, probably because they wanted/needed jobs, there were jobs here, etc. Not sure if they had any special talents for the job but I recall someone saying that but don't remember the details. Will find out more.

--R