The back country hill folk Scots Irish were transported or came as indentured
service.   When George and his boys were emancipated, the less desirable people
ended up down under.   In the south, the scots tended to not like the english,
so kept moving west to get away from them.  Holler by holler the rural areas
were populated.   Much turmoil under the Stuart kings, and residue when George
I ascended the throne that kept unhappy people finding safer grounds in America.

clay