I changed the R hard cooler line on my trans without jacking the engine or
removing the engine mount.  It slides right in with just a little twisting and
turning.  No need to bend it.

Luther

~
~A year or so ago, I patched the trans cooler line on my 300SD by
~slipping fuel line over the break and firmly attaching both ends with
~stainless worm-drive hose clamps, torqued down until rubber was
~popping through the holes in the clamps.
~
~Worked fine at speeds of up to 90, full throttle shifts, etc. for a
~year, and I had been reassured by the list, notably including Doktor
~Booth, that there was little pressure in the line and I (to quote)
~"SHOULD be ok, but that replacing the line would the the BETTER
~solution." He was right, on both counts. Of course.
~
~I was delighted that Sadie started right up with only one glow and no
~block heater at 4 above this morning. Three blocks later the trans
~started slipping. Turned around and barely made it back in the drive,
~to find a large pool of trans fluid on the pavement where I'd started.
~
~Apparently very cold trans fluid makes enough pressure to pop off
~hose clamps. I'll get a tow down to my local indy for a fluid and
~filter change, including a TC drain, and to have them install the new
~line I bought from Rusty ages ago but chickened out on replacing when
~I found I'd have to unbolt an engine mount and lift the engine.
~
~Should I be worried about any trans damage I may have done in the 6
~blocks of driving I did as the trans was emptying?
~
~Dan
~--
~Dan Weeks