I understand all that. Isn't Wilton trying to rig a charger for his
electric chair? As I understand you have a different purpose for the
hijacked current. Perhaps Wilton can hardwire a timer or a sensor that
switches off when fully charged. It seems that 15-20 minutes would not
be enough time to fully charge a low battery.

He and I have exactly the same purpose in mind: powering an auxiliary
item for an indefinite period of time yet retaining all the other
features of the system.  I'm absolutely convinced (leap of faith)
that all that is required to disable the timer function of the
high-current relay (and it's not part of the switch) is a blob
of solder in the right place.  But getting to it, and finding
out where to put the blob, may well be beyond Wilton's abilities
at this point.

We have no 124, so I can't even try to look into it for him.

-- Jim