To: "Mercedes Discussion List" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Thursday, February 16, 2006 6:09 PM
Subject: Re: [MBZ] Bought a Different 300D

IIRC, there's an SRS light on the dash, isn't there? If it lights up, then
goes out at startup, the circuits all work properly.

On 2/16/06, William 'Chip' Lamb <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>Plus, this car has less than 100k while the other had 160K.  So we went
with
>this one -- will pick it up Saturday.  I did a search of 91-93 300D in a
50
>mile range of 23831 zip - it;s at Hyman Auto and is pearl gray with a
gray
>interior.  Comes with all books, has a new spare, the tool kits looks
like
>its all there also.  Climate control worked as did the radio and
everything
>else as far as I went.

Ah so you're in the greater Richmond area. I saw that car on eBay a few
dozen times. Not a bad deal. My old man bought a 91 300D 2.5 brand new. A
friend got in an accident with it a few weeks ago, to the best of my
knowledge the car is dead but he's fine. To wit, I believe the bags
deployed as they should after approx 200k.

Chip
'80 230TE M102/DB 4-spd man.
ex many diesels, 70 6.3 and other things I'm not proud of

Cheers-

William "Chip" Lamb
West of Sweden SAAB
Richmond, VA.