A nice diesel with under 100K miles for $8K is a rare find.
It's a lot better than my $100 junker that's not going anywhere yet.

Ah, but is it 80 _times_ better?  Probably not, and to lots of
us that is a factor.  It's nice when you can afford the best
ride possible (relatively speaking), but many must (and may)
be happy with the best _valued_ ride possible.  All part of
the rich pageant, so to speak.  Few would be all that happy
with the steaming pile that is the $100 Frankenheap, yet to
me a large part of its charm is the fact that it only cost
$100 in the first place.  (To be fair I've probably put another
$200 into it since, not counting enhancements like the lighting
and preheating system.)  It's great fun knowing you've already
put more into it in fuel than in capital expenditure.

-- Jim