Nice, that's the exact color combination I'm looking for to replace
the 123 my wife is currently driving.  I really want her to drive
something with ABS, SRS and better comfort and fuel economy to boot.

> http://www.autotrader.com/
>
> While I thought I wanted the 300D I found in NJ, we went by and looked at a
> 91 300D with only 99k miles. Wanted my wife to see one in person.   Since it
> had a price of $10000 I passed as this was more than I wanted to pay.  It
> drove and looked very nice and best of all was just down the street a few
> miles.  As it turned out this was a wholesaler who liked to sell cars and
> this one had been there for 40 days.  I can only think the unusually high
> price of diesel kept it from selling - diesel is more than premium gas
> around here.  We got together at $8k and saved myself a trip to NJ with the
> plane/train/drive back/day spent that went with it.  Started it from cold
> (although it;s in the 60s today) and the light went off after ~5 seconds and
> the car fired up instantly.  Idled smoothly and evenly, shifted as it should
> and best of all (for the little woman) it was very quiet!  Accelerated
> nicely - especially once warmed up and downshifted as it should.  Other than
> a rear view mirror needing replacement I didn;t see anything needing
> immediate attention.
>
> Plus, this car has less than 100k while the other had 160K.  So we went with
> this one -- will pick it up Saturday.  I did a search of 91-93 300D in a 50
> mile range of 23831 zip - it;s at Hyman Auto and is pearl gray with a gray
> interior.

Casey
Olympia, WA
Biodiesel: "I drive in a persistent vegetative state"
'87 300TD intercooler (211k)
'84 300D (210k)
Gashuffer:
'89 Vanagon Wolfsburg Edition (187K)