A company I helped found while in the Peace Corps (Fiji) made WINE from
locally grown limes and ginger root, using frozen Dutch yeast and unrefined
sugar.  We gave several bottles to the Prime Minister, and after I left the
PC and returned to NYC the bottles started popping their corks, with
disastrous though highly amusing results.