Diverting from the initial OT, I recall a girl in my elementary school class, who lived in the neighborhood too, whose father was a missionary in Africa, and I think she and the fam lived there for some time when she was a bit younger than when we were in class together (we also went to HS together, and are in some random contact still). Anyway, I remember in maybe 4th or 5th grade, there was some discussion of cannibals and such (which being in 4th or 5th grade was a great topic), and she pipes up that a family friend who had also become a missionary had been a cannibal before becoming whatever flavor the missionaries were promoting. This was some African guy. So this revelation engendered considerable discussion, and this heretofore quiet shy classmate became the class favorite. I remember clearly she explained that this guy said the best part to eat was the heel of the honored guest as it was very tender and sweet meat, and it was usually given to the head guy, perhaps the King in your story.

Just an aside, there was this Missionary Church in the neighborhood, and a lot of the congregants lived in the neighborhood too. Some of the kids I knew had parents who were quite involved in that church, so probably also had fairly direct knowledge of these kinds of stories. I don't recall if the girl's father was a minister at that church or just one of their remote operators or what, but this African cannibal guy had probably come there at some point so maybe that is where the story originated.

Luckily the King's missionary wasn't also a clown, or maybe he was.

--FT