Does anybody else watch Big Clive on Youtube? I find his adventures with LED
fixtures mildly entertaining.
-Curt

      From: Floyd Thursby via Mercedes <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
 To: mercedes@okiebenz.com
Cc: Floyd Thursby <buggeredbenzm...@gmail.com>
 Sent: Tuesday, September 20, 2016 1:35 PM
 Subject: Re: [MBZ] Costco light fixtures Was:Strange effect

No I mean the fluor drama with having to deal with ballasts and tubes in
the slots just right and having to touch them or jiggle them or
whatever.  Then they get to where they are flickering which is annoying
as hell, or have this sorta wave traveling through them.

With LEDs it seems the power supplies go bad before the actual LEDs do,
I have some of the little LED spots that the PSs are going flaky and
there is some flickering but in general they seem to just work until
they don't, which might be a long time, or til whenever the PS fries.
Then you just change the bulb/fixture and be done with it.

On another aspect, I put in some outdoor LED spots I got at Costco,
those big things for lighting up out back, and they are noticeably
brighter than the halogens and have better light.  The halogens seem to
burn out every year or two, I'm going to watch these things and see how
they hold up.  They weigh almost nothing too.

--FT

On 9/20/16 11:35 AM, Craig via Mercedes wrote:
> On Tue, 20 Sep 2016 09:24:26 -0400 Floyd Thursby via Mercedes
> <mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:
>
>> Well, yeah, that's true, but they work differently to achieve that
>> effect, more directly without all the drama of the fluorescent tube
>> arrangements.
> Not necessarily. Are you aware of all the electronic drama behind the LED
> lights?
>

> Craig

--FT