Gee, you guys must "pump" to hard. I have two 617s that I've had for 20 +
years. One has had the pump replaced with the new style while the other still
has the original white, screw down pump. I always tightened the screw pump
carefully and tight enough to be secure and sealed. The one just plain started
to leak fuel so it was replaced. The other is still working fine and again I've
had the car for 20+ years so I don't know how old the pump is. Maybe you guys
are too rough on your parts or maybe I've just been lucky :-))
In your write up, I didn't see where you tightened the pump, but I must assume
that you did. Hopefully you'll get it fixed.
Best Wishes,
Roger
Roger Hale
Dinnerware Classics, Inc.