1.2 to 1.4 ohms is normal for pencil type GPs (what you have) As I have said before, there is great variability in meters and leads. So, you have to know your meter by checking it on new GPs. My fluke always reads high. so on mine, 2 is about normal. My radio junk meter also reads high.

Larry Turner via Mercedes <mailto:mercedes@okiebenz.com>
January 4, 2017 at 8:09 AM
BTW, you said 0.354 would be on the low edge of normal, what is a good reading? IOW, is .354 somewhat grounded? I know fully grounded (probes together) would be 0.0, so what's fully "not" grounded?

If I was actually seeing .354 vs 354, I see the Normal value you suggested is between .400 and .800 - so the .354 (lets assume I misread the gauge) indicates I have a GP touching ground /just a little?/

/Thanks again for the sketch.
/

LarryT