I have read that the rear bearings can be difficult/impossible for the home
mechanic, but I will attempt them (after the special tool purchase) and see
how far I get.  I would prefer to do the work myself as I don't trust most
shops to care as much as I do, and my favorite mechanic has retired....
Bummer.

Thanks!
Kyle