15w50 synthetic or 15w40 conventional oil?
15w50 is still better than 15w40, it flows much better at low temps.
-Curt

      From: clay <redgh...@comcast.net>
 To: Curt Raymond <curtlud...@yahoo.com>
 Sent: Friday, March 3, 2017 6:36 PM
 Subject: Re: [MBZ] so much for rock auto

The SDL is a 603.  It was not given the most incredible care for a decade and a
half.  There is a shake at idle that I think is related to needing rebuild for
the injectors.  At least one has a poor spray pattern.
I told the boy to glow three or four times before attempting to start.   About
15 hours of heat getting sucked out of the engine, along with heavy diesel oil
instead of winter weight
clay