Good luck with that 240D tomorrow.  Hopefully, it won't be a costly
project.

I'm back, and I bought the car.  It's late and I'm tired, but
basically it looks OK for the price, no rust that I could see.
Whatever is wrong with its go-ness isn't a slipping tranny so
far as I could tell.  I can state that the throttle linkage is
all crapped up, and from the feel of it there's only partial
application of the throttle.  Shift points are very weird, the
tranny is heavily into kickdown-ness at all times.  That is not
to say that there isn't tranny trouble too, there's an odd
groaning whine that reminds me of an old school bus, it could
be that the TC also isn't happy.  Or maybe just bad mounts
somewhere.  The car moved well in 1 and R, and hopped up on
the trailer with no trouble.

-- Jim