On Mar 2, 2006, at 8:50 PM, Jim Cathey wrote:

I neglected to mention that I tried to check chain stretch, but I'm
not sure I did it right.  I got a figure greater than 20 degrees.
The hand pump, when unscrewed, leaks a lot.

-- Jim

If you rotated the engine watching the cam mark come around and stopped it when it was lined up, read the # of degrees on the damper, then you did it right. 20 degrees is crazy sloppy. In one way I hope your wrong but in another it may be the running problem. I would replace the filters with new BTW. If you end up needing the chain, at least you'll have fresh filters.

Johnny B.
I Mac Therefore I am