That's a nice little engine that you have. Wouldn't mind doing something like that myself.

Craig via Mercedes wrote:
I found out this afternoon that the 1,000 emergency supply buckets I
was led to believe we were going to be transporting any day now won't be
ready until October and the church which is assembling them has someone
there who will deliver them.

Since we won't be hopping in the Kenworth and heading off into the
sunrise, I am now looking at completing an APU for the Kenworth. I
suspect that Dan will be the primary one replying to this posting.
Perhaps he can do that in his interminable wait for Irma to come
knocking.

I have a Cat C1.1 3-cylinder diesel engine to use as the prime mover.
It has an SAE No. 5 bell housing and an SAE No. 6-1/2 flywheel.
At 1800 RPM, it has a mechanical output of about 12.5 kW.
At 2800 RPM, it has a mechanical output of about 18.4 kW and will
need to use a 2-bearing alternator with a belt drive.

I'm looking for a generator head (alternator) that will supply around
10 kW of 120/240 VAC at 60 Hz.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Craig