Nice power unit.  That's the term for a "fan to flywheel" setup like you have.
A complete operating engine on its own.

I'm betting that's really a Perkins or some other manufacturer's engine that
Cat has brand labeled or having produced under license.  Cat has never made an
engine that small, at least not that I've ever seen.

I'll run some calculations tomorrow, as I am wiped out right now from hurricane
prep.  Suffice to say the best approach in my opinion would be to do a direct
coupled set rather than a two bearing. With a two bearing you introduce all
sorts of issues with power transfer, mounting, etc.

More tomorrow.

-D