-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Marshall Booth
Sent: Wednesday, March 08, 2006 9:13 AM
To: Mercedes Discussion List
Subject: Re: [MBZ] Traction in adverse conditions

Dwight E. Giles, Jr wrote:
> Agreed. I don't have weight in the trunk but have studs on all four
> corners-walks through 4 or 5 " of snow  no problems and no slip on the

> take off. Stops well with the studs too.

With studded snows on all four corners there is almost NOTHING except
12+" of unplowed, unpacked snow (the car will simply sit on top with the
wheels dangling) that will stop MOST Mercedes. They will stop and steer
pretty well too. While I've never found an anti-slip rear to be
essential under bad conditions (I've never been stranded because I
didn't have it), I'm told that the handling of '90s model 124s/140s with

ASR is somewhat amazing on snow or ice!

Marshall
'87 300TD 182Kmi, '84 190D 2.2 229Kmi, '85 190D 2.0 161Kmi, '87 190D 2.5

turbo 237kmi