As I recall you posted that you may have bad GPs several weeks ago. Id you did then, you certainly do now. Test them and find out. it is not hard. Pull the pug at the GP realy and check ohms to ground in all 5 pins with inserts. I'd bet you have at least 2 with infinite resistance..

Wear out or fail, your choice.  Either way they are BAD.

Andrew Strasfogel via Mercedes <mailto:mercedes@okiebenz.com>
December 28, 2017 at 3:27 PM
On my W123 300TD, I am having a hard time getting it started when the
temperature dips below 20 F despite the car being plugged into the block
heater. It takes 2 minutes of multiple glows and attempts before I can get
it fired up. Once I get it started the engine runs as if it were preheated.

Question: Does this sound like a glow plug issue? Do the plugs wear out or
simply fail? If one is dead will the other 4 start the car, albeit
laboriously?

Happy 2018 to all,

Andrew
1983 300TD