I never had any trouble down to 0 to -10. BUT I was always careful to get winter fuel. One time a truck stop foisted summer fuel on me without notice. That caused problems because it was way cold. Once I got enough kerosene mixed with it all was well, but since I had filled, I had to put in as much K as I could 3 times before it straightened out.

Below, -10, everything has to be right. Fuel, Glow, oil, IP, Nozzles, advance, timing, valve timing, valves...
It is a good idea to plug in the block heater below 0.

On an Iron head engine, if you set stuck in the way cold while traveling, you can use a propane torch to heat the head and/or the oil pan (Carefully)
Way cold = below 0ºF.

Dwight Giles via Mercedes <mailto:mercedes@okiebenz.com>
December 28, 2017 at 4:50 PM
My 79 240D would start at 4F with no heater using the triple glow. I had
M1 in the engine and always used anti-gel from December-March.
Dwight Giles
Wickford R!

Dwight Giles Jr.
Wickford RI