I've apparently had some summer fuel foisted on me. I've been using a new place
that only recently started carrying diesel. We picked up my car yesterday after
getting a new front wheel bearing and it couldn't get out of it's own way. That
was at about 0F, it started okay but had zero power. Fortunately we only had to
limp a few miles home. I put some Power Service to it and let it run awhile. I
didn't get a chance to try it today, I was out chasing Bambi's dad but Angie's
car did the same thing Wednesday and was better after treatment so I'm
expecting good results.One car I could have passed off as water, two with
exactly the same problem is bad fuel...
Curt

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

  On Thu, Dec 28, 2017 at 8:04 PM, Curley McLain via
Mercedes<mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:   I never had any trouble down to 0 to
-10.  BUT I was always careful to
get winter fuel.  One time a truck stop foisted summer fuel on me
without notice.  That caused problems because it was way cold.  Once I
got enough kerosene mixed with it all was well, but since I had filled,
I had to put in as much K as I could 3 times before it straightened out.

Below, -10, everything has to be right.  Fuel, Glow, oil, IP, Nozzles,
advance, timing, valve timing, valves...
It is a good idea to plug in the block heater below 0.

On an Iron head engine, if you set stuck in the way cold while
traveling, you can use a propane torch to heat the head and/or the oil
pan (Carefully)
Way cold = below 0ºF.