Different start problem scenario:  I started my 82 SD (617 turbo) this a.m. for
its annual trip to NC vehicle inspection station  Temps were low teens
overnight and probably mid 20s when I started it.  Battery minder (usually on)
was disconnected before start attempt.  Engine had not run in weeks and
probably only drove 50 miles in last year.  I haven't been driving the car
because I need to replace the flex disks (procrastinate, procrastinate).
The old engine started instantly but.. the whole car shook hard at idle
although it smoothed out with just the slightest acceleration.  After driving
about 10 miles the engine idle was almost normal (just slight diesel shake).
Why did it shake so bad at cold idle?   Any theories?  Too cold?  Hard engine
mounts? Could the engine dampers be frozen?  Maybe a wonky injector that
wouldn't seal, spray, or meter right at idle?  The shake was more violent than
my earlier experience with bad glow plug(s).
Any thoughts?