Because the Luscombe 8E is mildly aerobatic!  Actually, you have "low and
slow" for fun scenic touring (Luscombe, Breezy), enjoying the evening,
etc., there is "high and fast" (Tailwind W10) for getting somewhere in a
hurry or racing, and there is the abililty to haul a load (Cessna 182).
Just like cars, no one aircraft fits all missions.

On Tue, Jan 9, 2018 at 12:10 PM, Dan--- via Mercedes <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
wrote:

> I don’t have the time, resources or space to do something that major.
> Also, as stated previously, I’m a purist. It does nothing for me to repower
> a vintage car.  I’ll leave that to the hotrodders.
>
> Ask Lt. Don why one of his airplane buddies would want to fly a Luscombe.
>
> -D
>
> > On Jan 9, 2018, at 12:43 PM, Randy Bennell via Mercedes <
> mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:
> >
> > Just save the original so it could be put back in and find a bigger,
> better motor! Not suggesting a SBC, but just a 3 liter diesel. Even
> normally aspirated, it would have to be an improvement.
> >
> > RB
> >
> >> On 09/01/2018 11:41 AM, Dan--- via Mercedes wrote:
> >> I would not.  If it wasn’t installed at the factory (with the exception
> of the AC, of course), it doesn’t belong.
> >>
> >> -D

> in a later motor?

> And it has AC!

> optimistic:

> diesel/6452342666.html

> maybe, depending on where the rust is, or not.

> transmission?

OK Don

for themselves."

2013 F150, 18 mpg