Well that is what I am going to do with that nasty 606 from now on. Might give Gump a ream, just for grins when her GP change around 300k.

On Friday, March 17, 2006, at 07:12 PM, Marshall Booth wrote:

redghost wrote:
Reamer is very important.  The carbon builds up and can interfere with
the GP doing its job.  The plug will cook and short out much sooner if
the crud is not removed at each change of GP.  Paid $600 to have all
the crud removed in the e300d because the last guy to install GP #5 did
not, and it died inside, having cemented itself to the carbon.  You
need to remove that junk so the GP seats well.

Try Rusty for the tool, or PP always has them in their booklet

On the OM606 engines reaming is MUCH more important than it is on older
engines (unless a plug is hard to get out). I haven't needed a reamer
for more than 20 years, but if I had an OM606 engine I'd use a reamer
every time I changed plugs.

Marshall
'87 300TD 182Kmi, '84 190D 2.2 229Kmi, '85 190D 2.0 161Kmi, '87 190D 2.5
turbo 237kmi