Thanks for the thoughts Larry.  Work sucks, I'm not sure what to do about it as
the Resourse Leader appears to be off his meds -- I'm looking fo rsomething
else, need health insurance for 2 1/2 more years.  What can you say about
someone who tell obvious lies that are provably false and goes into a rage when
you prove him wrong?   Root cause is bad management, as most of these
situations are, and I don't see any way to fix it short of leaving the job
after 18 years.  Being a contract employee from an outside company doesn't help
any.

I broke the fibula (the other calf bone) about two inches below the knee, so
I'm OK as far as the knee goes.  Full range of motion is slowly returning, and
for the first time since Dec 29th 2016, I didn't have significant swelling in
my leg yesterday.

I will check on the socket, I'm in the same boat with my Golf, it needs a new
axle, which I have, but it's also a 12 pt nut.  My brother has something that
worked on the Benz when I did an unneeded wheel bearing replacement at couple
years ago, I'll see what it is and if it's a 12 pt where to get it.

Peter