The demand is there, the foreseeable future, when it was being considered,
included more of the same toxic business environment coming out of DC.  The
Majors did not want to pony up for making it happen if they had to deal with
eco-nazi regulators.  Even the state was slow on the draw and could not/would
not fund their obligation.  So it did not take place.  There is still the dream
of making it happen and making an LNG plant to let chinese ships slurp up US
energy

clay

1974 450sl -  Frosch - Two tone green
1986 SDL - Polei
1982 300 SD - Allen

retired models-
2002 s430 - Victor, a Stately & well tailored crap
1976 300D - Blei Vanst - it looks silvery
POS 1987 SDL - Beware Nigerian Scammers