When I upgraded my service for the new addition the utility came and ran new
buried lines (aluminum) from the pole to the meter box. 300A. I did all the
other wiring from the meter box (which I had to put in). They pulled up the old
buried lines and said it was getting to where it would need replacing anyway.
It was probably put in when the house was built in 78 or 79 so 35 years or so.
That was not particularly comforting.

--R
Sent from iPhone