To: "Mercedes Discussion List" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Wednesday, March 29, 2006 9:56 AM
Subject: Re: [MBZ] UPS vs Fedex

I never go to the PO to ship things, you can do it from USPS.com, print
the labels, and schedule a pickup.  I use stamps.com though, I can print
USPS and fedex labels with that software, I schedule the pickup and the
mailman gets them off my front porch.

David Brodbeck wrote:

Tom Hargrave wrote:

I've given up on both and ship through the post office these days.

I find the post office is cheaper for most items, but UPS becomes
cheaper if the item is very heavy.  Also, UPS has real package tracking
and doesn't charge extra for it, whereas the Post Office charges extra
and can only tell you whether or not the carrier claims it was
delivered.  The biggest thing for me is the convenience factor, though.
Going to the post office means spending 15 minutes waiting in line,
sometimes more if it's within a month or so of Christmas.  With UPS I
can be done in under five minutes.  The Post Office is also only open
until five, requiring me to sacrifice my lunch hour, while UPS is open late.

Kaleb C. Striplin/Claremore, OK
 90 420SEL, 89 560SEL, 87 300SDL, 85 380SE, 85 300D,
 84 190D 2.2, 83 300TD, 81 300TD, 81 240D, 81 240D,
 76 450SEL, 76 240D, 76 300D, 74 240D, 72 250C, 69 250
http://www.striplin.net