To: "Mercedes Discussion List" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Friday, March 31, 2006 3:15 PM
Subject: Re: [MBZ] Anti-seize on Lug bolts??

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
Man!!  I hate it when they use either air guns or the mechanic called Mr
Universe to tighten the wheel bolts!! There's a *reason* there are torque specs for the various fasteners on our cars! Sheesh! Fortunately I was in
my garage and not along the side of some muddy highway at night!!

Next - should I use Anti-Seize on the lug bolts before I tighten and
"torque" them?  There seems to be some metal to metal corrosion on them.
But I seem to recall some controversary about this --

I wipe the threads of the lug bolts over a piece of paraffin before
installing them EACH time I change tires. Never a corrosion problem
since I started doing it 10+ years ago. No other problems either.

Paraffin blocks can be found with canning supplies and economically
purchased in most supermarkets.

Marshall
'87 300TD 182Kmi, '85 190D 2.0 161Kmi, '87 190D 2.5 turbo 237kmi, '84
190D 2.2 229Kmi (retired)