Yes, with anti seize reduce the torque by between 14-30% for accurate torque depending on the antiseize compound. Contact the manufacturer of the compound for recommendation. Lugs usually aren't too picky, but threading spark plugs or glow plugs or injectors into an aluminum head, that 30% will make the difference between job done and helicoil.

---Robert

David Brodbeck wrote:
[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
Next - should I use Anti-Seize on the lug bolts before I tighten and "torque" them? There seems to be some metal to metal corrosion on them. But I seem to recall some controversary about this --

I do it routinely and I've never had a problem.  It does seem to help a
bit.  I also use it on spark plugs, which is also a bit controversial.
The main problem, as I understand it, is it reduces the tightening
torque, so the factory torque spec will result in more clamping force
than intended.

David Brodbeck
'83 300D Turbo