Randy,This is also not true, there are MANY electric cars on the road today
and just because they don't fit your needs or lifestyle that doesn't mean they
aren't an excellent choice for somebody else. Your F150 would be a really
stupid vehicle for somebody living in a big city, does that make it "bad"? Its
just the wrong choice in that instance.
Electric vehicles are a reality and will be more common as time goes on.
Charging times are down, energy capacity is up and those trends will continue...
-Curt

    On Thursday, April 4, 2019, 4:16:41 PM EDT, Randy Bennell via Mercedes
<mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:

 On 04/04/2019 12:35 PM, Andrew Strasfogel via Mercedes wrote:
> Think positively: we're heading in the right direction.

But, we are all old enough the only electric vehicles we are likely to
ultimately find to be practical will be wheelchairs.

Electric vehicles are a dream. They have no range. They take too long to
re-charge. Battery technology is not at a point where they are practical.

And, the infrastructure is not there to charge them. Solar does not work
in the dark. Not bad in Arizona. Not so good in Manitoba, especially in
winter.

Windmills kill the birds migrating through their path. I am surprised
the environmental crowd does not get the windmills banned for that
reason alone.

Nuclear is there but, as you pointed out yesterday, we have a problem
with the leftovers. Until they find a way to totally use up nuclear fuel
so that it does not pose a danger, there is the question of what to do
with the stuff that has no further use but is dangerous for the lord
only knows how long.