It probably has a battery of some sort inside which has died. Things like solar
yard lights use AA batteries which respond well to charging in a "real" battery
charger. They also do very well with NiMH replacement batteries.
Curt

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

  On Sat, Apr 6, 2019 at 12:29 PM, Mountain Man via
Mercedes<mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:   --FT wrote:
> The sun shines continuously a few thousand miles away
> Full disclosure:  My first grown-up job was working for Peter Glaser...

A PV question.  PV kitchen device supposedly manufactured in der
FaderLand was acquired but does not work.  What are the primary
elements of a PV device?  PV panel, some sort of storage (capacitor?),
small motor, other...
What can be repaired? ... new capacitor? new PV array? new motor? What
plan of attack would you entertain? aside from toss in to the grand
wasteland of humanity, DerDump.  It is not worth $5... Anyone?  What
voltage do PV devices run? 1.5v? 9v? so the motor could be tested.
What voltage do the PV array produce? so output can be tested.  Can a
small charge be dumped on to the capacitor? to see if that element is
worthwhile.
Details: Made in Germany by SOLARC, Solait milk froth device seemingly
never used but old.
Thanks DIY guys.
tin