Hear Here!

Great sermon!  SHort!

Floyd Thursby via Mercedes wrote on 4/4/19 4:22 PM:
The sun shines continuously a few thousand miles away

https://www.wired.com/2014/04/solar-power-satellites-a-visual-introduction/

Full disclosure:  My first grown-up job was working for Peter Glaser on SPS-related work.  His sweet secretary facilitated that job after we spoke a coupla times on the phone.  I think I wrote some of the content of one or two of those referenced reports.  If anyone had any vision these days for truly remarkable challenges rather than being mired down in issues about whose feeeeeeeelings are being hurt, we would be building components for these on the moon and launching to LEO where they would be assembled robotically.  No nuclear waste to deal with, all the power you could want.

--FT