I would have to agree with this. I can’t see where there’s any effort to limit
residents to a particular discipline, it’s just that commercial vehicles can be
grungy and look sort of rough in some cases. A lot of them are rather, well,
loud as far as graphics, too, so it’s like a giant billboard parked in
someone’s driveway. I don’t want to see this.

Our original covenants/community standards were written by some attorney back
in the late 1990s. It’s funny, as they apparently wrote them for nearly every
major development in the area at the time, as our property manager looked them
over and said, “Oh, so and so wrote these.” From what they said this guy’s firm
was the main legal beagle for all the developers in the area.

As someone mentioned earlier in the thread (Curt?) there are a lot of things
that are violations of County “community standards”, so whenever possible we
engage the local Code Enforcement officer to deal with these. It’s far more
effective and quicker, too.

Last week a resident parked a 27 foot powerboat on a trailer in front of their
house on the street. This thing was a monster, so long it blocked nearly the
whole front of their lot and also took the street down to one lane.  It was
there for more than a day, so I put in a ticket with the County for a code
violation (not allowed by County ordinances - 24 hours, max.) Code enforcement
was there the next morning and decided they would get the Sheriff to write the
owner a ticket, as I provided a time stamped photo showing the boat had been
there for going on two days.

Got an email from the Code Enforcement officer around 11:00 am that morning
saying he had a sheriff write the owner a ticket. If they didn’t move it within
24 hours it would be towed and impounded.

When I came home around 3:30 it was gone.

-D